I love looking at new fabrics, imagining how a certain pattern might look when it is sown into a bow tie. There’s a lot of things I consider when choosing the fabrics for the Ventie bow ties. The feel of the fabric, the color and how well I believe the pattern will look when the bow tie is done. These are the same questions you should ask yourself when choosing your bow tie.
- Where are you going to wear it, who will you meet and what image of yourself do you want to project?
– A formal dinner might require a different bow tie than a night at town or a picnic down in the park.
- What are you going to wear it with?
– This of course is, in many ways, covered by question one. But, combining colors might require some getting used to. At the same time bow ties gives you a lot of freedom as I covered before. Colors is one thing. Patterns and fabrics is another. Weather you will be wearing the bow tie with a suit, a cardigan or with a plain shirt must also be considered.
- Do you want to blend in or stand out?
– Are you going with a subtle style or do you want people to notice your bow tie as soon as they see you?
- Does it represent who you are?
– A bow tie gives you a possibility to give others, even strangers, a glimpse of your personality. That’s one of the reasons I love them.
Here are a few options from the shop to get you started.